This website is run by Leicester City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- Some HTML5 landmarks are indistinguishable from each other
- Some content doesn’t reflow properly when zoomed to 400%, for example pop-out videos
- Not all our downloadable PDFs are fully accessible, however a lot of these are designed to be printed off (e.g. colouring-in pages or craft activities)
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you soon.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page, contact The Web Management Team at email@example.com
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
The website is inaccessible because:
- Some content doesn’t reflow properly when zoomed to 400%, for example pop-out videos (Success Criterion 1.4.10: Reflow)
- Not all downloadable PDFs are fully accessible
- There are HTML5 landmarks which have been used which are indistinguishable from each other (Success Criterion: 1.3.1: Info and Relationships)
How we test this website
This website is crawled and tested by our automated monitoring system every 7 days.
The Web Management Team perform internal testing frequently and act upon user feedback when we receive it.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will be working to fix the accessibility issues with this website upon receiving user feedback.
This statement was prepared on 10/12/2020 by the Web Management Team.
It was last updated on 15/12/2020.